BRUSSELS - Submissions are now open for the INDEX 2020 awards across seven categories. The prestigious awards celebrate innovation and sustainability efforts throughout the nonwovens sector.
INDEX Awards are only presented once every three years during the INDEX exhibition which next year takes place at Geneva Palexpo, Switzerland, from 31 March to 3 April 2020.
As industry body EDANA notes, winning an INDEX Award is the highest accolade that can be given to a company for achievement in the nonwovens and related industries. Award winners gain from improved standing within the nonwovens business community, as well as significant public relations advantages.
The categories are:
- Nonwoven roll goods
- Finished products made from, or incorporating nonwovens
- Raw materials or components - innovation in a raw material or component (e.g. polymer, fibre, binder, film, tape) of special relevance to the nonwovens and related converted products industry
- Innovation in machinery of special relevance to the nonwovens industry
- Achievement for the most original marketing campaign for a product made from, or incorporating nonwovens
- Sustainable product
- Sustainable process or management practice
For categories 1 to 6:
- Products must be commercially available by the 31st January 2020 and must not have been commercially launched before April 2017.
- A company may submit no more than one product per category. However, a single product may be submitted in more than one category, but it cannot win in more than one category.
- Product improvement, process innovation or consumer benefits must be substantiated. In category n° 6, this would include a significant, positive impact on the social and/or economic and/or environmental profile of said product.
For category 7:
- Advantages in the area of reduced environmental impact, improved societal benefits or/and economic sustainability should be clearly described
- A life cycle assessment and/or quantitative data should demonstrate these advantages (either locally or for society as a whole)
- The submitted process or practise should be well embedded in the business strategy
Who can apply?
Any company who is a member of EDANA and/or exhibiting at INDEX 20 is eligible to enter the competition.
Submit your applications by 13th December 2019, with samples and details where applicable. EDANA will send you a written acknowledgement of your application as soon as it is received, together with the entry number.
All applications will be treated with full confidentiality.
You will be informed of the judges’ decision by 3rd February 2020 if nominated or not. If nominated, you will be asked to provide a sample or/and additional information for the display area on the exhibition floor.
The Awards Ceremony will take place during INDEX™ 20 at 10.00 on Tuesday 31st March 2020 on the EDANA stand.
Application forms can be sent either by email to Giovanna Merola and/or by post to Pierre Wiertz, General Manager, EDANA, Avenue Herrmann Debroux, 46 – 1160 Brussels, in an envelope marked “CONFIDENTIAL – INDEX™ 20 AWARDS”.