Cotton Inc March 2021
Log in

Register Subscribe
Environmental news and technical  innovation in the nonwovens sector

STOCKHOLM - Essity has entered an agreement to acquire the remaining shares in Australian hygiene company Asaleo Care.

The deal will see Essity, which is already the largest shareholder in Asaleo with 36.2% of the shares, acquire the remaining 63.8% for AUD 1.40 cash per share.

For Essity, the deal will give it a strong platform for further growth in the Australia and Pacific region. Asaleo Care manufactures and markets personal care and professional hygiene products in Australia, New Zealand and Fiji and consumer tissue materials in New Zealand and Fiji. Its portfolio of brands includes Libra, Handee Ultra, Purex, Sorbent, Deeko, Viti and Orchid, and the global brands TENA and Tork through an exclusive license agreement with Essity.

“Following productive discussions with the Asaleo Board of Independent Directors, I am pleased to announce this agreement," said Magnus Groth, president and CEO, Essity. "The acquisition of Asaleo Care will facilitate the opportunity for profitable growth in Australia, New Zealand and the Pacific region and will further consolidate our position as a leading global health and hygiene company.”

In 2020, Asaleo Care reported sales of AUD 419 million (approximately SEK 2.7 billion) and underlying EBITDA of AUD 89 million (approximately SEK 574 million). Sales growth in 2020 amounted to 2.3%. Asaleo Care has approximately 700 employees and three manufacturing facilities.

The deal is expected to close in the second quarter of 2021.

BACK ISSUE ARCHIVE
OTHER PUBLICATIONS FROM MCL NEWS & MEDIA

Weekly e-news bulletin

Latest news direct to your inbox

Interested in advertising?

Simply give us a call

Sales: +44 1977 708488

Or if you prefer email, click on the button below and we'll get back to you asap

 

Why Subscribe?

Sustainable Nonwovens is the print magazine and daily news website for easy insight and analysis from throughout the entire nonwovens supply chain..

Focused on technical innovation and industry best practice, subscribers to SNW enjoy:

You will learn about: