BRUSSELS - Originally due to be presented at the INDEX 20 exhibition in April, since postponed until the 7th – 10th September 2021, EDANA will present the INDEX Innovation Awards ‘Live’, in an on-line ceremony which will take place on 6th October 2020, from 3 pm – 4pm.
Presented only once every three years for 'Excellence in the nonwovens and related industries', the Innovation Awards are open to all INDEX 20 exhibitors and EDANA members, for products commercially available by the 31st January 2020, and have been selected by a jury of experienced industry members.
The INDEX Innovation Awards are the highest accolade for the best examples of excellence in the industry, highlighting creativity and innovations from businesses of all sizes and roles within the business.
The Awards are comprised of seven categories covering all fields of the nonwovens supply chain, with a maximum of three nominees selected per category. The winners will not be disclosed until the on-line event on 6th October 2020.
The live ceremony will feature short videos from the nominees in each category (see below), followed by the announcement of the winner of each live on-line.
In addition, during the weeks leading up to the live event, observers and participants in the nonwovens industry will be able to view gradually the videos from the nominees posted on the indexnonwovens LinkedIn page starting from Tuesday 8th September.
By watching the videos of their choice, visitors to the page will be able to participate in a special prize. The video which receives the most ‘Likes’ in total on the indexnonwovens page will be honoured with a special INDEX 20 ‘People’s Prize’, and voted the most liked industry innovation of this year.
All the Award winners’ and nominees’ submissions will subsequently be on display in the Nonwovens Innovation Lab, a new feature at the INDEX 20 exhibition, taking place at Palexpo in Geneva, from 7th - 10th September 2021, aimed at showcasing how invention and sustainability drive the industry forward.
Nominees for each of these, in alphabetic order, are as follows:
Nonwoven Roll Goods
- Fa-Ma Jersey – Microfly - nanocham AG+
- Jacob Holm - Sontara Dual
- Sandler - New ADL
Finished products made from, or incorporating nonwovens
- Callaly - Tampliner
- Dupont De Nemours - Dupont™ Tychem 2000 SFR
- Hassan Group- Heatable Geosynthetic Material
Raw materials or components (e.g. fibre, binder, polymer, tape), of special relevance to the nonwovens industry and related converted products
- Beaulieu Fibres International - UltraBond
- Omya International - Omyafiber® 800 (Calcium Carbonate)
- Pelsan – Biodegradable breathable film for hygiene & medical market
Innovation in machinery of special relevance to the nonwovens industry
- CAMPEN Machinery – New patented airlaid beater forming technology
- Dienes Werke für Maschinenteile - Depth Control Senso Plus (Led)
- GDM - Expandable Welding Wheel
Achievement for the most original marketing campaign for a product made from, or incorporating nonwovens:
- Berry Global - J-Cloth Plus Biodegradable Communication Campaign
- Ahlstrom-Munksjö - Fiber+, Green Capsule oxygen barrier lid, Compostable k-cup filter
- Beaulieu Flooring Solutions - Rewind - Forward thinking carpet
- RKW – RKW HyJet Crop Cover
Sustainable process or management practice
- Diaper Recycling - Pureflow8
- Fatersmart – Closing the loop on used absorbent hygiene products
- TiHive - TULIPZ